Our dental office is ready to take care of all of your dental needs!
We are excited to provide all routine and preventive care procedures in our office following the unprecedented concerns due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Our practice is in complete compliance with the guidelines published April 7, 2020 by the California Department of Public Health (PDF) which outline requirements for resuming deferred and preventative dental care and treatment.
We want to assure you that our office is doing everything we can to make your dental visit with us as safe as possible. Your health is our very first concern. Many infection control protocols occur behind-the-scenes and have always been standard and routine in our office. In addition to these strict practices, we want to highlight additional protocols that have been implemented in order to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19:
- STAFF PROTOCOLS: All office staff will be using surgical face masks, virus-filtering N95 face masks as recommended, protective eye-wear, shoe coverings and dedicated scrubs. As always, we will be following all other standard Infection Control Protocols.
- OFFICE PROTOCOLS: All surfaces in the dental treatment rooms and in the common areas will be sanitized after each patient visit with a medical-grade disinfectant that completely eliminates all viruses. If it’s something either a patient or staff would come in contact with, we’re making sure it is safe for everyone. Treatment rooms will be rotated to allow adequate time for aerosols to be neutralized and removed from treatment areas.
- As always, all instruments or tools that we use are either disposable or sterilized adhering to the standard ADA Infection Control Guidelines which thoroughly kills the Covid-19 virus.
- All patient Forms, Files and X-rays are now paperless and electronic to prevent unnecessary physical contact.
- Our Medical Building has no indoor common areas. Our office air system runs on a dedicated system unique to our office suite. The Medical Building staff regularly sanitizes the doors, elevators and exterior contact areas.
- PATIENT PROTOCOLS: We will be administering a temporal temperature scan on all patients and staff when they enter the office. Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.9 degrees will be re-scheduled.
- We will be seeing only one patient in our office at a time in order to facilitate social distancing recommendations. Patients should check in by text message from the parking lot. You will then be notified when your treatment room is sanitized and prepared for you.
- We request that patients wear a mask while in the office except during dental treatment. We are asking that only those patients being seen enter the office; those accompanying patients will be asked to remain in the car in order to eliminate waiting room interaction.
- SCREENING PROTOCOLS: At the time of appointment confirmation and before entering treatment rooms, every patient will be screened for symptoms of infection. These include fever, cough/shortness of breath, chills, loss of taste/smell or body aches. In addition, patients will be screened for prior contact with someone known to have the virus and for travel history to Covid-19 hot spots. Any staff or patients presenting with any of these symptoms/history will be re-scheduled and sent home.
Your health and safety are our primary concerns. As always, we are working diligently to maintain your confidence in our staff and our procedures. We truly appreciate the trust you have placed in us.
In a report published October 16, 2020, which is the most recent information available, a nation-wide study showed that no case of Covid transmission to dentist occurred in the U.S. This is attributed to enhanced and highly effective infection control protocols currently used in dental offices and clinic. As of July 202, there have been no reported cases of patients contracting Covid in the dental office.