Top 5 Ways to Always Have Kiss-Ready Breath
No one likes bad breath- especially when it comes time to lean in for a perfect kiss. While bad breath can be caused from a number of factors, it’s typically an easy fix. With that being said, let us explore the ways you can ensure you have fresh, kiss-ready breath at all times. In addition, it wouldn’t hurt to schedule an appointment with your local trusted Aliso Viejo Family Dentist.
- Brush your teeth and tongue. According to Beauty and Tips, smelly bacteria can accumulate on your tongue, as well as your teeth, so don’t forget to brush your tongue, especially the back of your tongue, whenever you brush your teeth. In fact, one study discovered that brushing the tongue reduced bad breath by 70%. Brush twice a day, every day!
- Get regular check-ups. Cavities are known to cause bad breath, so staying on top of your regular dentist appointments can maintain your oral health and keep your breath fresh. Regular cleanings in conjunction with brushing and flossing can keep your teeth and gums looking and feeling great.
- Drink more water. Everyone knows that you’re supposed to drink plenty of water each day. While staying properly hydrated has numerous health advantages, it’s also benefits your breath. Dry mouth will lead to bad breath, so drinking plenty of water throughout the day can minimize this.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Not only is too much sugar bad for your overall health, but it wreaks havoc in your mouth, as well. Bacteria feeds off of sugar and causes bad breath, so the less you eat and drink, the fresher your breath will remain.
- Include antibacterial mouthwash into your daily routine. Use a mouthwash after every brush and look mouthwashes that contain chlorhexidine, or cetylpyridinium chloride, because these are the best for fighting the bacteria that causes bad breath, says the article. Also, if you have onion or garlic breath, try chewing parley; the oils in parsley block odors coming from the lungs from such foods as onions or garlic.