These 5 silly oral health facts are sure to put a smile on your face!
- Do you brush your tongue when you brush your teeth? 50% of people do this every day. It seems silly but giving your tongue a good brushing gets rid of more bacteria than just brushing your teeth.
- Have a toothache? If you lived in Germany during the Middle Ages, you’d kiss a donkey to make the pain go away. Now you visit a dentist.
- Talk about a “toothy” smile! Did you know sharks can grow over 30,000 teeth in a lifetime and many species have multiple rows of teeth? The bull shark has 50 rows of razor-sharp teeth!
- Do you still have your “love teeth?” In some cultures, wisdom teeth are called love teeth because they come in around the time of first love and first heartbreak. No wonder they’re so painful!
- Did you know that actor Brad Pitt chipped his tooth for his role in Fight Club? After filming wrapped up, he fixed the chip and got his Hollywood smile back.