Covid Update May 8, 2020- Our Office is now open and ready to treat all dental needs. We are in compliance with the the guidelines published April 7, 2020 by the California Department of Public Health which outline requirements for resuming deferred and preventative dental care and treatment. Learn more here.
Many concerns have arisen as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. We are contacting you to let you know that our office is doing everything possible to make your dental visit as safe as possible. Many of these protocols occur behind-the-scenes and are always standard and routine. In addition to these strict routines, we would like to highlight additional protocols that have been recently implemented to reduce the risk of COVID-19:
- All office staff will be using virus-filtering N95 face masks, eye-wear, shoe coverings and dedicated scrubs and we will be following all other standard Infection Control Protocols.
- All surfaces in the dental treatment rooms and in the common will be cleaned after each patient with a medical-grade disinfectant that eliminates viruses. If it’s something either a patient or staff, would come in contact with, we’re making sure it is safe for everyone.
- We will be taking a temporal temperature scan on all patients and staff when they enter the office. Anyone with a temperature greater than 99.9 degrees will be sent home. In addition, patients will be screened for symptoms of infection (cough, fever, loss of taste or smell or tiredness), for contact with someone know to have the virus and for travel history at confirmation calls before their appointments.
- We will be seeing only one patient in our office at a time to eliminate patient interaction. We are asking that only those patients being seen come to the office. Treatment rooms will be rotated to allow aerosols to be neutralized.
- Our Medical Building has no indoor common areas. Our office air system runs on a dedicated system unique to our office suite. The Medical Building staff is regularly sanitizing the doors, elevators and outdoor common areas.
- As always, all instruments or tools are either disposable or sterilized adhering to the standard ADA infection control guidelines which reliably kills the Covid virus.
- We’ve studied the best practices outlined by ADA, CDA, CDC, and California State Health Office and are using that information to safeguard our patients and staff.
- For those patients who are seniors and/or immunocompromised, or who live with someone who is, please call our office to discuss appointment options.
Your health and safety are our primary concerns. As always, we are working diligently to maintain your confidence in our staff and our procedures and we appreciate your trust in us. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please call Jenny at (949) 770-3294 or email her at [email protected].